Engine Version: 4.14, 4.15
In this guide you will learn how to integrate your project with Amazon's GameLift service.
GameLift Offers developers:
- Auto-scaling based off player count
- Easy distribution of dedicated server builds
This guide contains:
- The basic setup of GameLift in your project
You must already have done the following:
- Set-up dedicated server build targets in your project source (https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Dedicated\_Server\_Guide\_(Windows\_%26\_Linux))
- Download and install Amazon CLI (https://aws.amazon.com/cli/)
- Bulleted list item
Follow this guide here:
You will need to download and install cmake
You will need to set-up a "game mode base" in your project, which will send the various requests to GameLift.
Send an upload request. In a command line window, type the following command and parameters.
aws gamelift upload-build --name --build-version --build-root --operating-system WINDOWS_2012 --region us-west-2